Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) was the first Industrial corridor conceptualised around the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) between two mega cities of Delhi and Mumbai and passing through the States of U.P., Delhi NCR, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. Stretching across 1504 km of overall length.
The corridor runs from Dadri in Gautam Buddha Nagar District, U.P to Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) near Mumbai.
A band of 150 km known as Project Influence Area, has been chosen on both the sides of DFC to be developed as Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor.
Five nodes will be developed in Rajasthan under the DMIC project :
1. Khuskhera-Bhiwadi- Neemrana Investment Region (KBNIR) which is now known as Greater Bhiwadi Industrial Township
2. Jodhpur-Pali- Marwar Industrial Area (JPMIA), now known as Marwar Industrial cluster
3. Jaipur-Dausa Industrial Area
4. Ajmer-Kishangarh Investment Region
5. Rajsamand- Bhilwara Industrial Area. Development of KBNIR (GBIT) and JPMIA (MIC) has been taken up under DMIC project in the first Phase